Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, January 16, 2009

Mountain mamas

Last weekend, Miley and I dropped Joshy off at Gold's Gym to run on the treadmill, and headed over to the Boulder Canyon Nature Trail right here in Vestavia Hills! It is beautiful, complete with little bridges and a creek with fantastic rocks scattered throughout it. Miley girl had a BALL! So many new smells, all the water she could drink (not sure she'll drink out of it more in the future, just in case there could be chemical run-off in the water, but it'd just rained a TON, so I thought it was safe) fresh air, and great exercise! Here's a pic from my camera phone of our little mountain mama checking out the creek. I was excited she took it upon herself to get in b/c, as Lake lovers, Josh and I want Miley to love the water, too! She's getting so big.... around 45 lbs now and is made of pure muscle and energy. We've been thinking she has some doberman, lab, and hound in her.... not sure what else... but she is very fast and incredibly agile! Over the past few months, she's also grown in some brown fur behind her ears that is so cute and makes her coloring neat and unique.

4 comments:

Shea said...

Hey Taylor, wasn't sure where to comment back - my blog, your blog. But in answer to your question, I borrowed a lot, but the few things I have gotten were from various places...Gap at the Galleria, Target, Swanky Stork in Homewood (super cute but pricey!), MimiMaternity (also more pricey but cute), Clotheshorse (consignment shop off of Rocky Ridge - found a cute dress for $10!). I think that's about it. Hope that helps!

TBG said...

readers--Shea is responding to a question i'd asked her yesterday---i have a friend from new to bham that is pregnant and was asking about where to get cute maternity clothes... i was not asking for myself. sorry to disappoint!

Unknown said...

i want to take samson to that trail with you and miley! one thing i've been discouraged about is the lack of fun places to take him to get his energy out. i can't wait to get them together again...you'll hardly recognize our big boy, all gangly legs and ears. 46 pounds as of last saturday!

Katie and Cullen said...

How fun!! Glad you clarified about the clothes...I was starting to wonder as I read that comment. :-)