Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, June 26, 2008

THE headache of my life....

So, yesterday I had the headache of my life... I've been doing a bit of online research about my symptoms, and I've decided it had to be a migraine. It started with "visual disturbances," seeing flashes like someone had taken my picture with a flash.... According to the National Headache Foundation, "Approximately one-fifth of migraine sufferers experience aura, the warning associated with migraine, prior to the headache pain. Visual disturbances such as wavy lines, dots or flashing lights and blind spots begin from twenty minutes to one hour before the actual onset of migraine." Next, the intense one-sided pain came...I tried Aleve and Tylenol Allergy (thought it might be a sinus headache) but those didn't help. I also had the extreme sensitivity to light (my cell phone screen was too bright for me) and sensitivity to sound...and eventually nausea from the pain. I ended up leaving early from work in tears due to the pain. I tried to go to class, because I didn't want to miss anything, but I couldn't even see the board clearly and ended up leaving there in tears from the pain, as well. I got in the bed in silence and darkness at 1:30pm and finally decided I could get up around 5pm to try to start cleaning for our weekend houseguests. It was then that I also experienced the "increased pain due to exertion." I'm still having some dull pain, but nothing compared to yesterday. Whew... It was rough.

And to add insult to injury... Josh and I met my family and some family friends visiting from out-of-town for dinner at Sol Azteca last night. Afterward, Josh went home and I went to look at some cute houses in Edgewood with the ladies. It turned out that I'd left my house key inside the house, and Josh had put our hidden spare key on his key chain, which he'd also left inside. So, we were officially locked out! Thank goodness that after a while, he was able to get into the house. Needless to say, we'll be carrying our keys with us from now on, always locking our deadbolts, and Joshy G will be getting copies of our house key made today!

2 comments:

Katie and Cullen said...

Man, that is so terrible! My mom and I actually both get the "eye migranes" where you see the spots or flashy lights. I haven't had one in a while though and mine have never turned into a migrane (knock on wood)...it's strange! Hers do though. Glad you're feeling better and hope it doesn't happen again! :-/

Anonymous said...

Hey Tay..I got on your blog!!! I love you!!!! Daddy Boy