Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Be Friendly. . .

A month or so ago, my BFF Eden gave me a starter for Amish Friendship Bread. For those of you unfamiliar with Amish Friendship Bread, it is where you have a starter and directions for 10 days. Day 1-5 you just mash the bag, day 6 you add some ingredients, and then mash for days 7-9. On day 10, you dump it all into a non-metal bowl, add more ingredients, and spoon out 4 individual 1 cup portions into baggies. These are "starters" that you will be friendly and give to others to bake their own bread! If you want to be able to bake more bread for yourself, you only give away 3 of the starters. Each starter eventually makes 2 loaves of bread.... which is more like cake haha. I've really enjoyed baking the bread and passing starters and bread on to others for various reasons... the people who keep Miley at the boarding farm... my friend Kathleen for letting Josh and me stay at her apartment in Tulsa, Ok... you get the picture. I'm constantly making more starters, so if you'd like to make some Amish Friendship Bread, I'd be happy to pass you a starter!

2 comments:

Elise Hollinhead said...

I made this too! It was incredible!!! I might take another starter off your hands one of these days.

Anonymous said...

I want Amish bread!