Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Big 100!

This is my 100th post, Y'all!!! ... Thank you to all of you who actually take the time to read my blog! I hope you haven't been disappointed! :o)

Let's see... over the past few weeks, I finished finals for Spring semester... got grades back (3 A's and a B yay!)... started a new Maymester class...found out Eden is pregnant again!... went to Do Dah Day with my sister Grace and her puppy Bailey.... celebrated our 2 year anniversary at The Melting Pot!... celebrated Miley's 1st b'day... and went to the lake for Memorial Day weekend.
So far, it is looking like we're in for a relaxing summer. Josh, Miley, and I plan to spend a lot of it at my parents' lake house on Lake Martin or here in Birmingham. We are also fantasizing about a possible vacation (first since our honeymoon!--first one alone, at least) in August after Summer school and before Fall semester starts. I think we're both leaning toward a cruise because we loooove going on cruises and feel like it's a great trip for our money, especially compared to some other options. One major bonus is that we have (or will by the time we need them) accumulated enough points for our plane tickets, which would've made the trip a good bit more expensive. We have yet to pull the trigger on the trip, but after a big budget talk last week, it is looking very hopeful, which is encouraging. We'll see... maybe we'll just do a week at the beach or something that might save us some money.

Speaking of "budget" or money.... please keep Josh/us in your prayers because he has a few job opportunities on the rise. Hopefully one of them will work out and will get us on our way to our dream of him being the sole bread-winner for the Gamble home so I can hopefully stay home with babies, or at least until they are old enough for Kindergarten. Thank you in advance for your faithful prayers :o)

Maymester is going well. I have been going non-stop 8-11 Mon-Fri for three weeks now and my last day of class is this Friday. It's been great to get a class finished so quickly, but also a bit tiring because I've essentially had an exam about every other day, and it's burning me out a bit. That said, hopefully I will get a 2nd wind because I start a brand new batch of classes on Monday, June 1st. Needless to say, I'm hoping this weekend will be nice and relaxing to get recharged!

Oh, as I mentioned in my preview... My BFF Eden is pregnant with #2!!! They want their kids close in age, and Wyatt will be about 17 months old when K2 is born. We are so happy for them. They are wonderful, loving, and laid back parents to Wyatt, and will love welcoming K2 to their precious family this December. She is due on Christmas Day! Babies are such wonderful blessings!!! I am so excited to watch their beautiful babies grow up :o)

Last week, Josh (aka: best friend and love of my life) and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary with dinner at The Melting Pot, just like last year. It has become a fun tradition for special occasions... not only is it out of our typical dinner budget, but getting dressed up and driving across town makes it more of a special event. It was wonderful just spending a nice evening together, chatting, fondue-ing, and we even made a list of our goals for our 3rd year of marriage. :o) I'll keep you posted.


2 days after our anniversary, our sweet puppy Miley turned 1 year old! She has been such a huge blessing in our lives through her unconditional love for us, being someone we can love together, hours of laughter, and priceless lessons in responsibility. She is SUCH a sweet girl... loves kids and babies... being chased.... playing with other dogs... retrieving the tennis ball-especially with dad... swimming at the lake... snuggling with mom and dad.... snoozing on the couch... biting at bugs in the air.... eating the water coming out of the hose... and more. She warms my heart and it swells with love for her.

Last weekend was Memorial Day weekend at the lake with my parents and sister, Paige. We had a fun time relaxing... watching tv... eating some great food (i loooove my mama's spaghetti!!!) and visiting with each other. We did not, however, enjoy all of the rain...but were all very happy to see the sun on Monday. Apparently making up for the sun-less weekend, I went all out tanning and ended up getting burned. I'm still pretty tender, but hopefully it'll give me a good base for the Summer so it won't happen again. Something else that will help prevent it this Summer: suntan lotion. I'm just sayin'. ;o)

I included these pictures b/c they were of one of the funniest things ever. Josh was lighting the grill using a few pages from the old Yellow Pages and Miley took off with the whole book in her mouth!!! This is her new favorite thing... grabbing stuff from the house and running into the backyard where she has the greatest advantage... she loves being chased! She proceeded to tear pages from it out in the yard as Josh chased her. It was hiiiiilarious.


Last, but not least, here she is waiting for Josh to come home. It is even more precious to be on the receiving end of this greeting. Her sweet little face just fits in that window so she can see you walking up. I just love her.

No comments: