Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, June 4, 2009

1 week down... 9 to go

Well, I'm finished with my first week of June-August summer classes. I'm SO glad that I took that one class during the mini-may session instead of the summer. Between my 5 classes, I am completely overwhelmed by the amount of schoolwork in my near future... but know that I'm a smart gal who likes to make good grades, so I'll get it finished....exhausting as it may be.

I am so excited that my BFF Joy is coming to town tomorrow afternoon. She was originally supposed to be staying with us for a week while her hubby, Luke, was doing a youth retreat in town, but she was recruited to be a leader, so we'll just have her all to ourselves for Friday and Saturday morning.... but I'll take whatever I can get!!! While she's in town, we'll probably hit Magic City Brewfest down at Sloss Furnaces with Joshy G and my sister, Grace. We'll be going as their "DDs." FYI: If you come with a ticket carrying person as their DD, you can get in for free, get free unlimited non-alcoholic bevs, free food, and enjoy the live music. Neither of us care about drinking beer that night, so it's the perfect set up! Hope to see some of you down there!

This weekend is my "nephew" Wyatt's first b'day party! Here is the PRECIOUS invitation! BFF Eden is doing BBQ for food (YUM!) and instead of a cake, she ordered a bunch of cupcakes in the colors from the invitation (so cute!). Some of the cupcakes are going to be decorated as blue owls like the ones on the invitations! Eden has wonderful taste, so I know everything is going to be precious! Wyatt asked his Aunt Taylor and Uncle Josh for a Praise Baby cd for his b'day and his Nana got him this INCREDIBLE piece of art from Pottery Barn Kids for his room, which will also look fantastic in the big boy room his mommy is planning for him in California!

Sunday is my mama's b'day. Can't post anything about that yet, b/c she might read about what we girls (and daddy and joshy g) are giving her for her b'day and I don't want to spoil the surprise :o) Joshy G. and I are baking her b'day cake... we've been brainstorming on how to make it totally amazing for my sweet mama!

That's about all that's going on with us for now... I'll keep y'all posted!

No comments: