Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Happy early birthday, Jesus!

I have started really trying to talk Christmas up to the boys. Fortunately, they are still young enough to not yet know the commercial and materialistic side of Christmas. Well, really at this point they don't know any side. I've been trying to get them excited that is is JESUS' BIRTHDAY! In doing so, we've practiced singing Him happy birthday and I've been talking up that we will make Him a birthday cake and sing to Him for real. I'll still be getting my babies some presents but I just really want to raise them with the right focus and that is the birth of our precious savior, Jesus Christ. It's like the quote from the "Grinch Who Stole Christmas" movie that Pastor Chris used in his second part of "At the Movies" this morning, "Maybe Christmas doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more."

In our celebrations, we have also set up the Christmas tree and put lights on it... Ornaments to come. I adore having the glow of a Christmas tree in my den. I wish that I could keep it up year-round :)

Happy early birthday, Jesus! We are so thankful for You!

No comments: