Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Lately with the Gambles....

I haven't really blogged about what we've been up to lately in a while, so I thought I'd do a simple "lately" post. First of all, Josh and I are coming up on 16 months of marital bliss this Friday, September 19th, so that's lovely :)

God has been teaching me so many new things about Josh, myself, and marriage through different ways, but especially the Beth Moore bible study that I'm doing at Dawson. It is called "Living Beyond Yourself" and about the fruit of the Spirit (Galations 5:22-23) Loving it! Last week's lesson on love touched my heart and made me want to stop from time-to-time to make sure that I am acting out of love, and, like God, "slow to anger and rich in love." (Psalm 145:8) Stopping to ask myself, "Am I being patient? kind? envious? boastful? proud? rude? self-seeking? easily angered? keeping records of wrongs? delighting in evil? rejoicing in the truth? protecting? trusting? hoping? perservering? (1 Corinthians 13:4-7) All good questions to ask. Our goal is the kind of love that God shows us...selflessly and mercifully.

Another recent and not so recent development was my appointment with an Orthopedist last Friday, Sept 12th. I have been experiencing pretty chronic low back pain since the Summer of 2003. I went to the Dr. with the initial pain, and they gave me NSAIDS, muscle relaxers, and physical therapy. When that didn't work, I tried another Dr., but that was basically the same- NSAIDS and muscle relaxers. I guess time has gotten away from me and here I am, 5 years later, tired of the pain. Anyways! Went to the new Dr. and he was so sensitive to the fact that I've been hurting for the past 5 years, offering to "let him relieve my pain this weekend" with some pain killers, muscle relaxers, and a round of steroids. Beautiful. I've never taken pain meds, but can definitely see how people get addicted to just not being in pain anymore! haha.
[I took a typing break for a few days...and finished this blog 9/20/08]
Soooo I went back to the Dr. this Friday and got the results of my MRI that I got on Tuesday: Mild Spinal Stenosis (narrowing that causes nerve pinching) with small central disc protrusion. Whatever it is... he wasn't very concerned and gave me some anti-inflammatories and encouraged Physical Therapy, which I'm betting will strengthening my core muscles to support my back better. I think the physical therapy might be better this time b/c they'll have the MRI results that will help them know exactly what we need to do. I was so grateful to NOT end up with something worse... or with a brace or surgery. Praise the Lord for my healthy body :)

Last weekend, Josh participated in the Pepper Place Criterium race here in Birmingham. He ended up getting 10th, which I thought was really good, b/c he hasn't had the time to train lately that he used to, making him lose some of his stamina, etc. I brought Miley to her first cycling race and she was a BIG fan! Lots of new friends to play with and kiss, and lots of people to l!!! Everyone thought she was SO precious :) I was a proud mama. My sister, Paige, also came to her first cycling race, and it meant so much to Josh and me that she came to support him! :)

Hmm... I'm trying to think of what else is new and exciting... OOOHH! Some of our very good friends, Sarah Cross and Keith Blackwood got engaged! We are THRILLED for them and I'm
honored to be a member of the wedding party! It is so fun to talk weddings again! Keith is an absolutely fabulous and fun guy. They are a wonderful couple. He also did a beautiful job on her ring! Cushion cut with diamonds in the band. Stunning. We are going down to Mobile in a little less than a month. I can't wait to see them and hug their necks!

This morning, we went to the Solomon family's house to watch the Alabama game and grill out. I've known Shane for as long as I can remember from Camp Winnataska, and was excited to finally meet his super sweet wife, Kristin, and their precious boys, Bennett and Noah. They have done a fantastic job with those two. It is one thing to have good kids, but they also have sweet, gentle hearts. Definitely will grow up to be the kind of boys you can take home to mama. :)

I started to do a section on Miley....but it started getting long, so I decided to make it a separate post. See above!

No comments: