Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Happy Birthday, Joshy G!

Yesterday, March 11th, was Joshy G.'s 27th b-day. He and I had some special time alone when I took him to lunch at Salsarita's (his choice) and then treated us to pedicures (with Christmas money)! I finally talked Josh into trying them a few years ago, and he loved it... I think all men would if they'd just give them a chance! They are especially great for Josh b/c his feet get so calloused from cycling. It was nice to have time to ourselves and be pampered b/c we really don't ever go pamper ourselves... especially not together. After our pedicures, I dropped Josh at home and met up with him mom, Regenia, who came to town for his b'day dinner that evening. She was SUCH a huge help! We ran errands: bought b'day presents (Josh's parents, the Brannons, the Turners, Miley, and I all went in together to get him a Wii, extra remote, extra nunchuk, and WiiFit---he's been wanting a Wii for well over year!), wrapping paper, plates/napkins/plasticware, flowers, and more. After our errands, we came back to the house and got to work! My mom was very generous to provide the chicken tetrazini. Regenia and I made a special green bean recipe (fam friend Sandra C. made them for our engagement dinner-they are amazing!), caesar salad, bread, and, of course, cake! I was very proud of the coordinating decor and tableware. We also used special linen placemats my mom and I found down in St. Maarten the summer before our wedding. There was a great turnout (I wish I could've invited even more, but our little house only seats so many for dinner...) and it seemed like everyone had a great time! We are so blessed to have such incredible friends and family with whom to celebrate!
Here are some pictures from the day:Sweet Miley lays in the bathroom everyday while I get ready.
The birthday boy!
On our way to lunch and pedicures :)the spread...
that's right.... coordinating flowers, plates, napkins, and plasticware :o)
the drink station...
We moved the kitchen table into the living room so everyone could be together...
He loves cake :)
He is SO precious to me.Happy birthday, sweetheart! I hope you felt special and that we'll have many, many more to celebrate together!

I love you. So. Much.

4 comments:

Cole and Jennifer said...

aww, Tay, y'all are so sweet! You did such a great job with Josh's birthday - I know he is so thankful for you!

sharon said...

It was such a wonderful night!!! Food, company, and convo were all fabulous. You guys were great as host and hostess (along with Regina of course)! We thought it was a very special night.

Katie and Cullen said...

Such a sweet post!! I love the decorations that we never got to see! You did a great job making it a special day for your sweet hubby!! Do you ever get to talk to him anymore now that he has a Wii?? ;-)

Paige Brannon said...

i LOVE the middle picture of joshy with the cake. its precious to me too. xoxo